Thursday, July 29, 2004

It all started rather innocently, a few friends getting together for a drink and some birthday cake. The candles were blown out, the gifts were given, the cake was consumed, and then there was more. The birthday boy wanted to go out, and the crowd could do not but follow.
Granted this is generally the moment that I am backing to the door, giving my goodbyes, time to go home and rest, it's a school night you know! However, that moment came, passed, and I found myself driving to The Compound, that new club over by NST that blocks up their parking ya know...(mentioned in a previous post)
Every night at this club is different, and this was no exception, it was a predominantly gay crowd. Immediately, I and my other friend were separated from the pack... it seems that we are "breeders". (non-gays for all you folks in the burbs...)
This did not deter us, we still of course went in, and immediately to the bar.
The club is not only huge, but extremely cool, several buildings, several courtyards, a fountain (that later had our stinky feet in it!), and an amazing room/outer building that is strictly the dance floor. This rooms ceiling is covered with speakers and flat panel screens on every wall, practically covering it.
So, we danced. And danced.
And suddenly I caught movement out of my right eye. A guy had just PUSHED someone over in my general direction. I quickly spun the other way but this guy propelled towards me, and just grabbed my hands. He was direct and simple in his questions, "Do you want to dance?" to which I nodded yes. Then, "are you straight?", to which I also nodded yes, then unexplicably, the words came tumbling from my mouth, "You're hot!"
I think at that point you could say that I was sufficiently buzzed.
So, we danced!
My friends watched on laughing... the smile so broad on my face that it could barely be contained.
My dancer left to get a drink, his friends came over to help? offer advice? dance? and said two words that every woman wants to hear, "He's drunk!"
Really? is that why he is bouncing around like a top and waving his arms above his head like a future Chipendale dancer?
Fortunately, I was able to get back to seriously shaking my tail feather without further delay, or interruption.
Later, I grabbed my dancer for another spin.
He was 22 and a Tech student, OUCH!
Approached by Michelle, I was informed that the party was breaking up and said that some people were going to stay so I could also...
"No, I think I am ready to go..." I said, and made quick, polite goodbyes to my dancer and his entourage.
I woke up still on a dancing high, which, I am happy to say, I still have!
*No cradles were robbed on this evening.




2 Comments:

Blogger nicky said...

Mostly, just his age!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Smoove D said...

Compound is cool. I wish I could afford to get drunk there.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home