Sunday, July 25, 2004

I FOUGHT THE ALARM CLOCK, BUT I WON!
Thursday evening turned out to be decidedly much longer than I had actually planned it to be... I wanted to be home and on the couch by 11... so that I could be productive on Friday!
WRONG!
An out of town friend coerced me into going to some/any Blues establishment available for music,and of course, beer.
Willie's did not have anything recognizable, or fun, so I suggested a quick stop at Northside Tavern and perhaps Fuzzy's if it did not pan out (not knowing WHAT was going on there...)
NST it was, a good band too, which we later found out to be the Breeze Kings... who I highly recommend.
The evening here began with two excellent forecasters... no cover, and I did not have to pay exorbitant rates to park!
As we sat and screamed conversation over the loud, live band only 5 feet away... I suddenly noticed a regular performer at NST over my friends left shoulder... It was none other than Sean Costello! I was delighted and surprised!
Congregating with him were a few friends, a female (who by his wandering hands I can only assume to be his date? girlfriend?), and another gentleman that I discovered to be part of the Electromatics!
As the evening progressed, beers were had, music was listened to, and eventually, Sean and his friends jammed out with the Breeze Kings. I was, as I mentioned before, delighted.
My out of town friend, who, from Nashville, seems to be more up on the Atlanta blues scene than I, also introduced me to a lovely lady by the name of Lola! (yes, L-O-L-A, Lola!) She is purportedly an awesome piano player, who also has a band named (but of course!) Lola! I intend to find out where her next performance is, and I will give you a full review!
No evening would be complete without a late night bfast at Waffle House (which in its greasiness, was of course, consumed, in it's entirety!), and then homeward to bed!
I slept in of course, and my alarm clock, and my kittens, lost their battle with me to awake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home