Tuesday, July 27, 2004

BUT, I KNOW I'M SPECIAL!
Seriously, I am, I know that deep down in this little corner crevice of my lil' ole heart... However, when I had an odd phone call today and found out that someone had been using my last name and phone # for a credit application (and let's hope that is ALL that there was... a report from Equifax should provide further details in 7-10 days), I realized that I am as likely as the next girl to have someone commit credit card fraud on her!
Maybe you haven't noticed before, but as far as things go, I'm an idealist. You're good, you get good. Capiche? Call me Pollyanna, but this has been my general attitude in life. (and no, it's not like I waggle down a darkened street with bad men lurking about to see granny at midnight or something stupid... I have SOME common sense ((not where men are concerned but that's different right?)))
I am terrified if this (the phone #, coincidental last name, etc) is NOT the end of this... and I have already done the appropriate "FRAUD ALERT" thru Equifax which will pass along to the other two major credit authorization companies, so now I wait and see...
For all of those out there that HAVEN'T checked your credit report recently, it's free once a year at least.
There are for some reason, STILL many evil people out there that would rather take a ride on your train than their own. (your train is prettier after all!)
I suppose that part of what every person needs to figure out is what to hold out and what to hold in, because not all people are nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home