Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hurry, Scurry, Worry....

I've had the last few weeks off of school and am just working my job. I have gotten some of those things done that I have wanted to catch up on, but not everything. It's amazing the more that you have to do, the more that you get done. However, the less that you have to do... yes, the less you get done.
We, as Americans, are always in a hurry. If we can't get it from you, we can get it online. If we can't get it here, there is some one up the road that may have it. If you can't get it done, there is the next guy waiting in line.
We really don't wait for anything anymore.
I can't afford it today, but I can put it on a credit card.
Why not now? Seems to be the answer for everything.
How skewed does that make our perspective? Our lack of anticipation? Our sense of accomplishment? Do we suffer from lack of delayed gratification?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, is Olympus going to fix my camera this century?

10:16 PM  
Blogger nicky said...

probably not since you asked!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home