Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Taking a bite of the Big Apple, well, in Long Island anyway...

Travel today to NYC and then a harrowing car ride out to Long Island. I know at least one of my readers would like to be here, the Islanders home is literally across the parking lot.
Travel is fun, especially when there is rain to delay you.
And, particularly fun when there is no lot that has parking left.
My traveling companion figures that it was a mass exodus for Mother's Day. He claims that Mother's Day is like Christmas, and father's day is like... well, I can't repeat it. He's a father, so I suppose that he would know. I find that odd though, that it would be like a national holiday.
Best line of the day after observing young female traveler (obviously of college age), who was wearing her sweat pants a little low on the back side, and some of my fellow travelers eyes widened in dismay. I leaned over to one of the women and said, "it's like limbo!" To which she gave me a puzzled look. I said, "You know, how low can you go?" Probably patting myself on the back a little, but the woman got a good chuckle out of it.
So far I have been in the hotel for just a few hours and from what I can tell, everyone is as fried as I am. It's amazing how busy we all stay.
I'm liking the new laptop from work... nice screen, keyboard, etc.
Maybe I can like PC's after all?
Well... maybe?
Stay tuned for more harrowing adventures of Long Island!

2 Comments:

Blogger hunter said...

Okay, just for the record, Mother's Day's official designation has been modified to MILF's Day.

Finally a holiday I can completely endorse!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you never describe my driving with awesome adjectives like harrowing. What the fuck?

If Apple could figure out right mouse button technology and the task bar, they might make a comeback. I think running OS Random Roman Numeral on a PC would be cool. All the neat Apple features, without the obscenely high Apple prices.

I second Hunter on MILFs Day.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home