Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Old Blackwater, keep on rolling, Mississippi moon won't you keep on shining on me?

I love how a song can trigger a memory, any! It may be a moment, that is very specific and when you hear that song it makes you think of something someone said, a kiss, an emotion.
Ah! And it happened to me tonight. I was driving home and as my usual A.D.D. self, I was flicking through the radio stations at light speed. Suddenly there it was! A song that in the past, if I recognized it quickly enough I would quickly change that dial. But tonight, the bad part of the memory was gone, and I sang it through to the end. (Well only the part the I knew... which was the chorus of course!)
It was of course a boy, one of the few that made me completely irrational, and turned me into a two year old in a split second in an argument. "No, I didn't!" "Yes, you did!" "NO I DID NOT!" "YES, YOU DID!" Need I say more?
It was short, tumultuous, and yes, he sang karaoke! He even had back up and the crowd cheering him on. Ah, the good memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home