Thursday, April 20, 2006

Why school is and isn't like real life...

Tonight in our lab as we labored on a two factor ANOVA problem, a girl actually packed her bag and left. (I can only guess that she was frustrated??? As was I...)
The lab tech had just announced that obviously we not only had to answer the first few questions, but graph them out.
The questions went:
"Use the following data, answer these questions.
1) Do you think that the data will show a significant difference between the sexes?"
Yes, now I see how that means that the only way to find the answer is to graph them out. Clear as mud.
I like direction, although in the work world that is often murky as well. However, I know for a fact that the best managers are indeed the best communicators as well. Indeed they are a rare species.

6 Comments:

Blogger hunter said...

Adapt and overcome, Marine! Improvise! The best plan of attack is always to sleep with your lab tech. Orgasms are like extra credit. Let me clarify, their orgasms!

10:01 PM  
Blogger nicky said...

Well, that's a great idea... she's just not really my type!
But maybe I can try that in my biology class in the fall:)

10:06 PM  
Blogger hunter said...

Adapt and overcome!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the girl who left hot? If so, WHY DIDN'T YOU SET ME UP WITH HER?

Did the question involve driving? If so, obviously there was a difference between the sexes, because women can't handle the stick! Neither can my friend Jeff though, which would totally fuck up the r-squared if he was in your sample. I can't believe how many times he stalled my car in a 10 minute drive! For the record, he stalled more than I stalled my parents Volkswagon Golf I learned to drive on, my RSX Type-S and my TL.

In other news, whoever founded the Sierra Nevada brewery deserves a Nobel prize.

11:52 PM  
Blogger nicky said...

Dude... women CAN handle stick... or there would be NO good sex for men.

9:01 AM  
Blogger hunter said...

Do I smell a happy ending?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home