Sunday, April 09, 2006

Finale to internet dating, for now.

So, after dating a few gentleman that I met off of the internet. I have momentarily decided to let my memberships lapse off into the sunset.
Let's recap:
1)Several dates, but no spark! *Very manly the way that he pulled the disappearing act. I didn't feel it either, but let's part like adults.
2)Spoke directly to the wall instead of to my face, and yes, woman love to hear about networking for an hour solid. Tell me how you saved that biz's computer network! Oh yeah, talk dirty to me.
3)Was a bit put off by the "please don't wear perfume as I am allergic to many"... but curious enough to go out again, until you told me where we were going to go and when to buy the tickets for it. Who says chivalry isn't dead? (Second date, mind you, we aren't married yet!)
4)Talked alot about you, didn't ask me anything about myself... and when you moved in for the goodnight kiss... didn't you notice me turning my head to the side? This means, NOT ON THE LIPS. It doesn't give you liberties for a mad pecking expedition on my face because you missed my lips the first time.
5)You were too young! But I had fun!

I have been entertaining other avenues this week. For instance, "It's Just Lunch". It really sounds like a wonderful avenue. Wish that I had that much $ to put into it, because it is pricey for a full time working, college student such as myself. Basically you actually talk to someone that sets you up. Sort of like a good friend, but with better resources, and she's getting paid... so it's more serious if she screws up.
The other was "Great Expectations" which is a more traditional dating service where they actually do a back ground check... so that you know that the guy is not an ex-con, or married. Believe it or not, this is nice... people are sneaky, and it's not just men.
I haven't decided if I will or I won't. I'm just going to cruise for a little while and wait until school is out for a week or so.
In the meantime, anyone know any good single men?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at it's just lunch. The concept is good, but what they charge will buy 3 hours with a high class hooker. Which would be a lot more fun than going to lunch!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard of webdate.com? It's one of the only dating sites that has live video chatrooms. Being able to see someone as we chat is alot more comforting to me than relying on an old highschool picture. Plus it's alot more entertaining to browse through people's webcams as opposed to reading profiles that are most likely full of BS anyway. I hope you find what you are looking for, good luck with your experiences ;D

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home