Sunday, July 11, 2004

GETTING FIRED UP!
I really thought that this year would be somewhat tame, my "birthday month" seems to always start early and go on a little later than most. It's the time of year that I indulge myself, treat myself, and do things more often than I normally do the rest of the year.
This year, as I mentioned, I thought would be pretty low key, no plans for a party, and lots of my friends in different locations.
On my home from the movies with my friend K, we picked up the loaf and I did the first thing that I always did, read my horriblescope! (they are truly funny in the loaf and generally make no sense whatsoever...) Allow me to share, because this one is a classic!
"In accordance with the astrological omens, I've assembled a host of snappy one-liners for you to wield in the coming week. Sooner or later, it will make sense for you to utter every one of them. 1) "It only seems kinky the first time." 2) "Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they still have some good ideas." 3) "To make your prayers come true, you have to get off your knees." 4) "I'm the good kind of bad." 5) "It's not really a party till something gets broken." 6) " Shut up and dance." (PS I don't anticipate there'll be any messy consequences if you cultivate the attitude I'm suggesting here. But in case there ar, invoke this disclaimer: "I didn't do it. You can't prove it. Nobody saw me.")
Oddly enough, I have uttered more than one of these on several occasions...
Why is this such a classic? Because it got me all fired up to make a point of enjoying myself on my birthday... which will be a little hard to do as I have to go to work, and class, and study for a test!
I'm off to get in trouble... "I didn't do it, you can't prove it, nobody saw me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home