Tuesday, July 06, 2004

THANK GOD FOR FRIENDS
Today, I woke up in the worst mood. I am not even sure why. I had an extremely low-key weekend with cousins and their family/extended families. I had lots to eat, drink, saw a movie and even excercised. Upon arriving home, I ate my favorite meal of steamed dumplings and masaman chicken... half, so that I could have some today. I even got my homework done EARLY!!!!!
However, when I arose from slumber... I tucked my head back into the blankets and immediately tried to think of reasons NOT to go to work today.
I was FOUL from the word, "Good AM!" And barely wanted to discuss our little vacation with anyone at work.
The mood extended, even though I desperately tried to avoid conflict, especially talking with anyone in general...
Thank god for my neighbor over at http://www.propellerskies.com for coming all the way across the parking lot, lugging liquor, to make me a special tequila drink that I found tasty... but don't recall the name to.
He cheered me up and thankfully, unlike most, and a welcome change...didn't ask me why. I didn't have to even attempt to explain WHY. (when normally I would want to!)
Instead, we decided important matters, like his new status as Godfather to Mello Frisco, a recent four-legged resident of my apartment. Yep, he'll be there to spin tales for him like any father would, and of course, encourage drinking... (actually Mello is apparently a non-drinker, although he does indulge in catnip from time to time).
We also had to rag on the gentleman that was ragging on the new up and coming models on some stupid tv show...showing truly the brains behind supermodels!
Thanks for making me smile!
I am glad to know that I have good friends!

1 Comments:

Blogger Smoove D said...

You can't remember the name, because there is no name.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home