Saturday, July 03, 2004

THE WORST KIND OF GIRL?
My entire life, I've never considered myself a girls girl. You know, the one that obsesses over nails, hair, clothes. The girl that wants the top in the convertible up, because it would mess up her hair, blow it into her lipstick. The girl where things have to match, she can't go camping because she wouldn't necessarily be able to use a hairdryer, the kind that can't bring under TWO big suitcases with her whereever she goes!
I'm pretty laid back, I drive with my windows open, make-up minimal... hair must take 10 mins or less it fails the haricut test, clothes... non-obsessive. It's getting weird though... is this the another sign of aging? I have developed a shoe fetish, a purse fetish... and most recently, I think the worst kind of fetish.... JEWELRY.
I have never spent more than $90 on any kind of jewelry. And that was once, because they were just SO unique.
But, I made the mistake one night of going into Tiffany's. I know, I know... the worst kind of jewelry store right? But, have you ever BEEN IN THERE? I hate to sound shallow, and like, the worst kind of girl, but the shiny things really excited me. Diamonds, platinum, it was all very pretty. I was especially fascinated when I got to try a pair of earrings on that cost about as much as an extremely economical car. I probably haven't spent that much on clothes my entire life... maybe shoes, but... there was just some kind of electric energy about something that was so extremely impractical.
I feel like the chick in that movie... you know the one where when she gets the "mean reds", she goes to Tiffany's, because you just can't be depressed in there... you know, if I feel glum, I just swing over to their website! http://www.tiffany.com/ Have fun!


2 Comments:

Blogger Smoove D said...

Uh oh, you've been living in Atlanta too long. I guess now you'll have to hang out in Buckhead and Midtown with all the other miners.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I hate Butt-head and Midtown bars... way too pretentious for me. That is why I question myself for this love of diamonds and platinum???? They are PRETTY... but still way beyond sensiblility to me... again....why I question myself!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home