Monday, June 21, 2004

THE PERFECT WAY TO START THE WEEKEND...
Was to get my long-awaited pedicure. I went determined to actually GET one this time, not to be daunted by a long line or a high price etc etc So, I went to a tried and true establishment just down the road from work, and coincidentally, on the way home.
It, of course, was well worth the wait... but perhaps not worth the look the pedicurist gave me when she raised my foot to look at the bottom of it. Yes, I had Barney Rubble feet (as my friend affectionately calls them... you know how Barney had to make the car go? well... can you imagine how his feet looked?)
For women, I don't have to espouse the wonders of the pedicure... I mean, you just pay someone to rub your feet, AND they end up looking good at the end, what more could you want?
For men... I recommend that you always give your significant this gift... spoil her and you may not be responsible for these chores yourself! (unless of course, you are into that type of thing...) but we won't get into that at this time!
The rest of the weekend was busy, and not terribly relaxing, but it of course had MOMENTS! Next weekend, I vow to do as little as absolutely possible! I have been far too much on the run during my week and need SOME TIME!

I know that you are all dying for an update on my philosophy class... well we had our first "lively discussion". Of course, the hot topic was politics... of course the 9/11 commission... of course, the real reason why Bush attacked in the first place were in dispute due to some of the early reports of the commision. I admit... I was not ready for the gentleman seated behind me to so vehemently say to our teacher, "EXCUSE ME, but I am not finished."
The surprise was not all mine though, the look in the teachers eyes was priceless.
Perhaps we can debate on a less "hot" topic next time, as it seemed that all, when polled, had some very strong opinions on the topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home