Tuesday, June 01, 2004

SOCIAL CLUBS FOR SINGLES THAT ACT AS IF WE DON'T WANT TO MEET OTHER SINGLES, MEMORIAL DAY DRINKING AND THE LIKE
Hope that everyone had a safe, drink-filled Memorial Day as I did...
Of course, water play was on my agenda, as was sun, and of course a primarily liquid diet... I achieved all, including a bit of a burn as well. That is sunburn... for all that were confused.
I belong to several social clubs, as do we all. I am single, my life is filled with events, friends, work, and of course, my two beloved children, I mean, my cats.
I am on the board of a particular club that deems itself "not a single's club".
Ok, we AREN'T a singles club, but we sure have a lot of single members.
About 98.9% to be accurate. And even if they are not single... they aren't the committed, stay at home and become boring married/boyfriend/girlfriend types.
The officers board, well particular members, bristle at the thought of this... and unfortunately, it comes up in every officers meeting.
I know just as much as EVERYONE else, that we all have interests, and things that we want to participate in without the day to day pressures of having to meet, potentially, the opposite sex. (yeah right!)
*And really, don't we DO things that we are interested in and hope that we will meet OTHERs that like to do those things and GEE!??? isn't it a bonus if they are attractive? and someone we would like to "hang out with more" (to coin the latest phrase for DATING, but not DATING)
So, it's hysterical if we try to promote anything that may seem "singles" oriented... however, our monthly social is much of a trolling fest for the opposite sex... old and new members alike. Perhaps in their minds, our social is the only "singles" type of event that they want to deal with?
Please, talk amongst yourselfs... and COMMENT!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home