Monday, June 14, 2004

SOGGY SUMMER VACATION/HAIRBALLS EVERYWHERE
I cannot believe the amount of rain that I have seen across the east coast in the last ten days.
I have just arrived back from my vacation, a whirlwind tour of family in Virginia and Westerville, OH.
I know that I did indeed see some sun, amidst lots of wet, rainy days.
A winery trip, Strawberry festivals, a trip to the movies with 7 nephews and a niece, a graduation party for my sister, were a few highlights.
I do love to see family, but at the same time, you can't help but reflect on your life, where you were, and where you are now. I am still stunned that it was only (and the fact that it was... ) 15 years ago since I graduated high school and left my father's house. I had big plans, things to do, college to finish. I did, and I began work. And now, I want to change again.

Tonight I had my first class. I haven't been to school in 13 years. It was entertaining, interesting, and just the least bit intimidating. I have HOMEWORK. I have a teacher that is a PHILOSOPHER, and actually refers to himself as such. (for some reason that makes me laugh. Philosopher as a profession... ever see History of the World? Mel Brooks is standing in line for unemployment, when he gets to the head of the line, and she asks his profession... he says "Stand Up Philosopher".. and she says "Yeah, Bullshit artist."
Don't misunderstand me, the dude knows his stuff. Most of the time I could follow what he was talking about!
I have a feeling that this is going to be an interesting summer... I actually get to write ESSAYS!!! whooo-hoooo....

I can't believe that class is over already and I have LOTS to do... many pics to download and get ready to take to the lab tomorrow... a floor full of fur from my kittens... with a conveniently non-operational vacuum cleaner, and even with nothing terribly interesting to say here I am, blogging. Amazing, talk about avoidance!

Soon, more cohesive thoughts!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home