Sunday, May 23, 2004

SHALLOW 1)Measuring little from bottom to top or surface, not deep. 2)Lacking depth, as in intellect or significance

I haven't been blogging at all due to a collision with shallowness...
Yes, it's amazing how quickly you hit the bottom of another person's personality and it causes you to skip over the next few days in amazement...
I expect the best in folks, and unfortunately, it's generally a big set-up for disapointment, however... I find that you can always surprise them and yourself by expecting the best.
I recently pressed a gentleman (and I use that term loosely), about why he had not been really introducing me around (it was sort of obvious). His response was the collision, "well, I really like EVERYTHING about you, but your hair color" "I was hoping that I could get over it, and I am willing to try. Maybe in a little while it won't make any difference."
I was stunned. This man was balding. He had the proverbial spare tire. And he was concerned with my HAIR COLOR?
I reminded him... "There is more to me than my hair color..." "I hardly think that someone in your situation should be critical of me... after all you are balding and barely have any hair" "Even if I died my hair, wouldn't I always wonder if it was really me that you liked?"
His reply was even more interesting... "But I've discussed with you what I INTEND (very key word here... I'll get back to it) to do about my hair. All the hair club for men ads that I asked you about, different hair magazines with dying solutions that I have shown you and you never mentioned once that YOU wanted to do something different."
"Well, why should I discuss what I intend to do with my hair color with you? I mean, after all, most men aren't interested in the beauty options of women... hair, nails, clothes?? After all, you knew what my hair color was when you met me, and we have been dating for a month? You weren't attracted to me at all?"
After all, even though he intended to do something with his hair... he was the one combing with a rake.

The situations and names have been changed to protect the innocent and of course prevent any lawsuits that may arise from balding, spare tired men.
Yes, it's caddy of me to refer to him that way... but if he can be that shallow... aren't I entitled to a few parting blows?
After an experience like this, I know why some people prefer animals to people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home