Monday, April 14, 2008

Forgiveness

The act of forgiveness is supposed to help us get over divorce, bad breakups, and numerous other transgressions done to us by others.
Curiously, this one simple act is the way to catapult us to getting to the next stage of our lives.
Simple, huh?
Not really.
Forgiving someone is easy, meaning it is another.
For women, this simple act of contrition can be heartfelt one day and not the next. (It really depends on the day of the month.)

I forgive you for breaking my heart and telling me that you do not love me.
Thank you for repeating it back to me when I asked you to.
I had very happy moments with you, and enjoyed our intimacy (and not just the naked kind!). It's hard to not have you in my life any more (especially when I know that you are nearby).

I find that I forgive you, but I cannot always forget you. (Especially when friends speak of you nonchalantly.)

My response to my self is simple: You do not love me, relationships take two people, and even I am not that good to pull that off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive? What's that?

10:04 AM  
Blogger hunter said...

"Forgiveness" is a bourgeois concept.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home