Thursday, June 08, 2006

Perspective... that's what it is all about!

I hate to be repetitive... but sometimes I know that I get excited about something more than once. (Which if you think about it, isn't a bad thing.)
However, perspective is such an important thing in life. Like walking in someone else's shoes, seeing it from someone else's perspective, or simply appreciating what you have. I know it's cliche, but why do you think it is?
I just had a day that was incredibly awful, and it was professionally, not personally. I felt like a horse's ass. It took me all day to recover. And by the end of the night, I had let it spread to doubting my entire existence. What can I say?? I was in a mood.
When I woke up the next mornning after my pity party, I called my grandmother. I felt like such a schmuck as she told me what she had been going through for the past few days. It's her health, and she is in her 90's, and it is totally beyond control. She was trying to eat her breakfast, even though she wasn't hungry, she just knows that she needs to keep going.
And then I felt worse... she proceeded to tell me how cheerful I sounded when I called. And I felt like a fake.
But with her comments, I realized that there were worse things, and felt better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...walking in someone else's shoes, seeing it from someone else's perspective, or simply appreciating what you have."

Those are all things I don't believe in. No wonder we're such good friends.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home