Sunday, January 08, 2006

Dinner w/ Papa G at Neno's Cucina

As you may have guessed, Dad had decided on Italian... even though the night before he said sushi. I was in a bit of a scramble, as it's hard to get a seat in any good restaurant on a Saturday night in the Atl.
Can you imagine that when I went to the grocery store and groaned for the 4th time about not being able to get a reservation that a total stranger asked me what was wrong? I told him, and he recommended Neno's on Cheshire Bridge. I was able to "get in" with the maitre de at a reasonable hour (not 10) for dinner...
Dinner was awesome, and the conversation was pretty good for my family, and we had a great night. I won't let the fact that he finally decided to tell me that the dog that used to be mine and that my brother was taking care of, had to be put down. And... just like my father, he mentioned it in such an offhanded fashion that it was sort of like he announced that he had just taken out the garbage.
They left first thing, we did get to have a quick bfast at a local hang out down the road called West Egg (which also has wonderful spicy, garlicky grits.... if you can believe!). They had to be on the way as my other step sister in Kentucky was having pizza for dinner and wanted them to stop in... all the better to leave me sooner!
All in all, things were good for us, and relatively drama free.
As for Neno's, may I recommend the veal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home