Monday, June 13, 2005

Some things are hard, others not

So, today was the day to get lots done as it was the last free day before school begins this evening.
I have a list of what I want to accomplish... website up from trip, photo album bought for actual images from trip, groceries, light cleaning, etc.
I come out of the gate at 8:30AM promptly. I awake, and immediately go to the computer to edit photographs and get something up on the website from my trip images.
By 11ish, done and send an email out to all (minus link!), shower, check email, then resend link!
Wow, I'm going!
Next, I am out the door to buy cat food (veterinarian), photo album (Target), and groceries (Publix). I even eat before I shop at the grocery store to avoid excessive $$$.
Mission accomplished, I race home. I actually have time before I need to leave for school, buy books and get to class. I can't believe how well this is going!
Upon arriving home, I open the trunk to find that the milk is spilled.
Ok, it just seems to have gotten the items in the bag wet (pickle jar! no prob!), and one other item that can be wiped off. Wow! It doesn't even seem that the inside of the trunk has milk in it, BONUS!
I carry my perishables up the stairs and leave the milk bottle there to take to the trash later.
Next trip, come down for my Target purchases. What's this? Milk on my brand new photo album???? ARRRRRRGH!!!!!! It's cloth and soaked to the binding. Golly, that's toast.
I was done with it, until I mentioned it to my step-father. Oddly, they had bought me a travel album for my pics for my birthday, so yippee! I am saved.
Unfortunately he talked me into going back to the store, he said they would take care of it.
Well, maybe for him they would have, but not for me. They happily refunded the milk, but didn't bother with anything else.
Wasted trip, then to school... books take 10 mins to get, leaving me with ample time to blog about spilled milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home