Monday, December 29, 2008

Fun for retail

I love it when people come in and want something VERY specific.

For instance, a woman came in the other day looking for film. The particular film that she wanted came in a pack of five.

I politely asked my buyer if I could break up the five pack for this customer.

He explained that the manufacturer did not make individual packages of this film anymore, and we would be stocking it as a five-pack from here on out.

I explained this to the customer... including the part about how it comes from the manufacturer this way now.

Well, she said, where can I get it the way that I want to buy it?

After offering suggestions of other camera stores, stating that I wasn't really sure WHO would have it as it wasn't made this way anymore, she spun on her heel and chugged out of the store.

While exiting, she exclaimed to another customer coming in the door, " They are NASTY in there!"

This customer asked me what was up. I apologized again to him that we did not have the film in the way that she wanted to purchase it.

He then asked me for a camera we did not sell.

Some days you just can't win.

I think the next time I go into Publix I will ask for one hot dog and one bun to go with it.
Maybe one egg while I am at it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be awesome. But do it at Whole Paychecks, because then for bonus points you can bitch about how expensive it is and they should do it since you're paying $8.00 an egg.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home