Monday, October 06, 2008

Politics...

This morning, at 9AM, my sister called me to inform me that Fox news had an expose on Barack Obama.
Barack Obama it seems, is a terrorist. He has friends that are Pakistani, and his former church leader hates white people. My sister "loves America", "you betcha" and is concerned about my political leanings. (for Obama/Biden ticket)
She was seriously concerned, as if voting for Obama proves that I hate America. McCain=Loving America, Obama=hating America.
She was quite impassioned, with almost religiousity-like conviction.
I thought about it after she hung up, thanking her but reminding her of the reasons I will not be voting for McCain. I do not wish to see this country in Iraq any longer, especially when we will no doubt need troops in other parts of the world soon enough. McCain will stay in the war until it is won, he makes no bones about it.
I actually googled, "obama terrorist october", and came up with this article from Fox's own website:

"This is not a man who sees America as you see America, and as I see America," Palin said. "Our opponent, though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect -- imperfect enough that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country. Americans need to know this. ... I think, OK we gotta get the word out. This is in fairness to the electorate we gotta start telling people what the other side represents."

The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close.

So... they were not close. So, we are just assuming guilt by association? (I tried this on my sister when I was on the phone with her, J., in kindergarten, you were in the same class as a known terrorist... this must mean that you have terrorist ties! This did not work on her...)

While Palin's logic is stunning, really, do you listen to her? I do agree that America is very imperfect right now and needs some work. McCain seems to think (as does Palin) that this country is fine the way that it is. I have had enough of this "Bush" economy and war that McCain will pick up with and continue on... God forbid if he dies! Then Palin??? the next Cheney, will take the reins. And she doesn't have a clue...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home