Sunday, August 13, 2006

The truth

"Well, I don't love you."
I paused before I responded.
"Say it again." I asked.
He said, "What?"
"I want you to repeat that to me, the part that you don't love me."
"I don't love you."
"Goodbye then."
"Wait, it doesn't sound like you want to talk for a while."
"No, I don't."
"Well, I would still like to hear from you and know how you are doing." he responded.
A sound escaped my lips that was a half laugh, half disbelief.
I breathed a deep breath and responded, "Well, maybe later."
I checked the red button on my cell phone and put it on the dresser, then walked into the living room and began to cry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where were you hiding a dude?

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the dude, Lebowski?

10:39 PM  
Blogger nicky said...

The "Dude" is GONE LEBOWSKI!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home