Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Skip the meal, go for the dessert!

After a huge storm this evening I found myself in Kroger to get something to eat. Yes, I cooked a meal!
I knew that I had to be careful with my fish choice as this was Kroger, and every piece of fish that I have had here... was not fresh.
I dared to pick up some red snapper! And red potatoes, and corn!
Unfortunately, oreos apparently landed in my basket by some freak shopping accident.
(Double stuff! Can you believe the luck?)
My meal was a disaster! I nuked the baby potatoes and then put them in a "bag" with the fish... including butter, wine, rosemary. Things that would make normal fish taste good.
However... the potatoes didn't get done, and neither did the fish. (which no amount of butter ever made it taste better!)
Normally, I don't suck in the kitchen. But like our friends over at Propeller Skies, we will just blame it on Kroger and their lousy, unfresh fish.
My review is skip the dinner, go for dessert! (The oreos are good until December 2006, do you think that they are bad for me?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since they actually expire, unlike Twinkies, you should be okay.

9:58 PM  
Blogger hunter said...

Mmm, Twinkies and Double Stuff Oreos! Me, I'm a fan of the heart-palpitating "Quadruplestuf." That's when you remove one of the wafers from two Double Stuffs and slam the two together! It's lardilicious!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home