Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Adamant

I have a friend who became extremely adamant tonight when I asked about her ex-boyfriend popping around and how she felt about it.
He wasn't so much of a boyfriend as a late night visitor, and it was a big secret that they were together. When it ended for good, it was pretty ugly. Needless to say, she was really hurt.
Of course, now, a good time later, probably almost a year, he's back. Literally popped up out of nowhere.
We talked and she agreed that she needed to be careful of him, and especially what he had to say.
And then he stopped in again, of course, at 1 o'clock in the am. Gee, I wonder what he wanted? Of course, "nothing happened".
Now, tonight, she wanted to bet when he would return.
I told her, how about never? Do you really want him around?
She said that she just wanted to see something good come out of the bad, and I told her of course, you are looking for closure. I also informed her that unfortunately most people don't get that.
She informed me that this is the only time that she has never gotten closure, with this guy.
Why do I doubt that?
I never doubted someone before when they were adamant about something.
But people lie to themselves and then to you about certain things.
And then they are adamant.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense to any future purveyors of psychological services, but closure has to be the biggest load of psychobabble slothshit ever. Real closure is when you walk away without caring what the other person thinks.

10:03 PM  
Blogger nicky said...

well actually, that was what I was trying to tell her... that you don't get closure from others....

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home