Monday, January 31, 2005

Attitude
I was driving downtown today to an appointment, and as I drove, I noticed how foot traffic is much different on a Monday than a Friday. There were lots of professionals going up and down the block, some in packs, some alone. First out of the ordinary was one of those long haired older men with shorts on. (Not so unusual in general in Atlanta, but after a weekend of ice and rain, and todays high at 41... sort of unusual.) Next... and by far the winner of what I saw today on the way to work was a man in a tutu, baton and one of those big tall band hats, parading down Peachtree St for all to see. I'm pretty sure that he even had a whistle in his mouth...
And of course, a whole different kind of attitude, people crossing the street when cars have the green light. Does that mean that the walkers can get plowed over? Point value?

1 Comments:

Blogger Smoove D said...

When I first moved here, some soccer mom in an SUV totally blew a red light and plowed into a pedestrian. He died and I don't even think they gave her a ticket for the light violation. So I assume they give you a medal of honor or something if you hit them when you have a green light.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home