Monday, June 25, 2007

Online dating

I am not sure why, but I am performing this form of torture currently on myself.
I have been in school so long that I no longer seem to meet new people, and by that, I mean new men. (I am working on an undergrad and do not consider 20 year olds to count! Now, I've met one or two hot grad students... but why are they married already?)
Since it took so long to get over the last one, it took me a while to notice... and there was that guy at the G Love concert that initially seemed promising... until he proved that he was a bit flaky.
I have a few friends that insist that in this day and age, that this is the way to go (internet dating), and it was how my best friend met his current boyfriend... although we won't talk about the website that they met on!
I chose "match" and another site called "engage" that another friend turned me onto. The engage site is lesser known and the idea is that friends can help you look for people.
Match is better known, and has a guarantee of six months or your money back... if you follow the rules. (which of course I am!) It's funny though, they get some of your money, and then on their website they advertise to you, a paying member, other ways that you can pay them to improve your "dating" experience. It's all the same web site and people, but it's better because they can match you "chemically" (which isn't really chemical, just a more thorough questionnaire for you to fill out...).
So far, a lot of winking from me, a few emails back and forth and then they (the guy) seems to disappear into some crevasse that formed in the Atlanta area.
The fun part is reading the profiles, "obviously I would like someone stable(Sorry...No more emotionally unstable women for me, I think I have met my quota!)". I personally do not think that most people realize that they are "unstable", so good luck fella! Perhaps he should do some sort of psychological testing? Oddly though, I think that if this dude found a totally smoking hot babe (with big tits in a tight top (sorry to steal that Smoove!)), she could be schizophrenic, as long as he gets to sleep with her. Am I right?
I am definitely more definite in my search though, I know from my last experience what I am NOT looking for at least!
My search has been slower, but I finally meet someone this week... stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, she would have to swallow too.

I think the missing guys probably got shot in Atlantic Station by hoodlums.

7:30 PM  
Blogger hunter said...

Nicky,
You're right on. Hell, why do I care if she's schizo - all women are crazy. Especially the ones who think they're sane. They're the craziest.

BTW, when have you ever heard a man blame his hormones for acting nuts? Never. Women use the hormone defense at every opportunity. At it's a total bitch move - it's a get out of jail free card, and us fellas cannot do shit about it.

Regardless of how stupid and predictable guys are, we're equally easy to manipulate. As long a dame puts on a French maid costume and feather dusts our taint, we're not likely to bolt.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home