Monday, October 02, 2006

Unexpected random acts of kindness!

I was driving home through midtown Atlanta last night. As I drove down Piedmont, an unexpected taxi (VAN taxi!) did not slow down at his stop sign on 13th street and it seemed obvious that he was coming into my lane. I am not by nature a horn-blower, but have learned certain skills from our friend over at Propeller Skies. Subsequently, I blew my horn rapidly, quickly, and several times. The van stopped, I continued, no harm no foul! etc etc etc
However, the taxi driver stopped next to me at the next light and asked me to roll down my window. I rolled my window down, (seeing no obvious signs of a gun), and he apologized.
Wow!
People can still surprise you, can't they?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A taxi driver apologized? I don't believe it. The next thing you're going to tell me is he did it in English!

Good job with the horn, but you forgot the finger!

12:45 AM  
Blogger hunter said...

This story has renewed my faith in society.

Drivers in Columbus rarely acknoledge their fellow motorists or display any signs of common courtesy.

What pisses me off royally is when I lay on the horn because of some a$$hole, who in turn reciprocates with an even more obnoxious cacophony. I need a novelty horn!

3:31 PM  
Blogger hunter said...

Smoove D, the kids are okay; it the parents who I fucking can't stand.

Nicky, what's with the sabbatical? Come on, I'm trying to get my blog on!

12:45 AM  
Blogger hunter said...

Now that's some good-ass engrish up there! Hey it's after midnight and I damned near had my toothies knocked out tonight, so I am allowed to forget a verb here and there, right?

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home