Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Italy

Just got back from my first European adventure, and I must say, it was quite the experience! I also didn't want to come back but I was running out of money and didn't exactly want to get fired from my place of employment.
What can be bad about a place that likes bread and spreadable cheese for breakfast with the best coffee on the planet?
As a matter of fact, I have only been back for about 4 days and today I went on a quest for fresh baked bread and some of that wicked good cheese. Unfortunately, it wasn't all laid out like it was over there. I purchased some water and bread, but the cheese was not easily found. I will let readers know in the upcoming days how the bread fairs, and the cheeses that were selected, (because I know that you are all DYING to know).
After spending most of the day in Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport due to a cancelled flight (weather it's AMAZING... how quickly and rapidly a rainstorm can fuck up an airport...). Fortunately, the nice man at the counter got me onto another flight with Air France to my final destination. Unfortunately I would be arriving later, and going through Paris. (Not because I have any hard feelings for the French or anything, not at this point anyway, I just wanted to GET THERE!!!)
So, there I was, a greatful girl (is there anything worse on the planet?), so I took advantage of my extra time at the airport to partake in some good, accessible, local cuisine before I left the states. Yes, Popeye's was in order! And, yes, it was yummy! I had been strictly warned about the evils of alcohol on overseas flights and wasn't allowed to partake in any fashion on the flight over. (Which is too bad, because I may have actually arrived as a human, not as a zombie when I actually stepped foot on terra firma in Italy.... sleeping, you see.)
Charles de Gaulle airport, while pretty, is pretty unfunctional. The entire plain disembarked on the tarmac, roughly a mile from the gate. The entire plain was bussed to the gate and hearded like cattle through it, only to turn a corner and come right back out of the gate.
The French are nifty at 7AM.
And they really love it if you don't speak English. (No, really...me facetious??? NEVER!)
I was pretty much ignored when I asked if there was an earlier flight to Venice...
But the women, so immaculate, so coiffured, their hair so highlighted.
Well, that's enough to bore the socks out of anyone for the first installment, and we don't want to put our one reader to sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home