Wednesday, September 08, 2004

So, after a stressful week... this weekend was FABULOUS!
I had guests for dinner Friday night, which I spent shopping for on my Friday off.
It's always so anticlimatic after the dinner is done, your guests are full and sated, and then they leave! The evening never seems to last long enough for all of the careful preparation that you have performed... the dishes that you pick, the ingredients that you purchase, the preparation... the feast... then bye!
Part of me has to be an Italian/Jewish mother, screaming mange! eat! surely you want more, because there is more to be had!
People must think that I want them to be fat...
However, I have always been a sucker for a good meal, with good wine, and great conversation. The longer, the better... 2-3 hours is just getting started right? (well, maybe NOT in a restaurant...)
(and now that you know the way to my heart... good food, full belly, and TALK to me baby, just TALK to me! ((well, with me rather, than AT me...)))
Well, it just gets better... because the next day, my friend K had invited me to spend the holiday weekend on her new cabin cruiser!
It was sweet, all day at the lake under a blue sky... followed by camping in style on the water. (complete with tv/dvd player combination, stove, wine! and entertainment "around the campfire" (I mean DVD player.))
I got tan, I got to lounge, swim, float, read, drink beer, and stare into the sun reflecting off the waves on the lake. It almost makes me space out just writing about it, and remembering it in my minds eye. I LOVE WATER!
We even performed a "boat rescue", for friends stranded on a sail boat that got batted onto an island. Definitely, the tensest part of the weekend... quickly followed by an emergency cigarette and beer!
Tuesday am, I spent watching the news waiting for news that the hurricane aftermath had affected, egads! our work schedule... I prayed for a miracle as any child, I mean person would do. (I managed to convince myself to get into the shower about 35 mins before I had to be at work!)
Back to the grind, back to the grind....
I love my job, I love my job, I love my job....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home