Thursday, September 02, 2004

And it continues...
I have another Grandmother, my mother's mother, who has been in rehabilitation for fracturing her pelvic bone in several spots. Yesterday, I found out from my mother, that she isn't going to get to live on her own anymore.
This Grandmother, who will be 94 in November, is the one who swore she would dance again, just a year ago after fracturing her femur for a second time. And she did, but now...
I know that she realizes that she can't take care of herself, yet she has been doing it for so long that it seems unnatural for her to actually state, or accept the fact.
We are definitely all getting older, I just wish it slowed down for both of my grandmothers so that I knew that they would be around a lot longer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home