Friday, January 14, 2005

I was stunned by the news that my father gave to me while I waited in line at the Chic-fil-et drivethru this am.
An old friend of the family who for a time, WAS FAMILY, had been found dead several days ago.
This friend was found in the trunk of his car with his head blown off. Apparently, it took security in the Wal-Mart parking lot 3 weeks to realize that something may have been amiss by the car in the parking lot with the new foul odor coming off it.
It's been quite some time since I have seen Johnny. He was a friend, a crush, and a very good friend of my brothers. He was even the best man at my brother's wedding. To say that I remembered a few things is an understatement.
My first concern was my brother.
Normally this wouldn't be a big deal. However, due to my brothers religious convictions and the fact that I no longer practice the same, he does not speak to me. I believe the last time that we spoke was 2 years ago, when I actually stepped foot into his church. He actually introduced me to his two children, who previously I had only lain eyes on them in photos that my dad had shown to me.
I called him and he didn't realize at first who was on the phone with him.
We talked a bit about J and what could have possibly happened to him.
Needless to say, the conversation came back around to religion, and how J had drifted away from it and what potential "evils" befell him once he stepped out of God's protection.
I told him that I loved him and was concerned about him and then he had to go of course.
How sad that a friend that had once been so dear to all of us, and to many people, ended his life in such a manner. No note was left behind, no explanation. No one thought to worry about him, that anything may have been that wrong. He had traveled so much and had been so private about his life. No second thought was given about him being out of the radar for so long.
I am stunned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home