Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Since the beginning of therapy, I find that I often rub my hand to rid myself of scar tissue that formed when I broke it. As I did so this morning, I suddenly noticed that one of the pins in my hand responded to the pressure that I was using and literally "popping" out the side of my hand.
I, of course, like a child, tried to push it back in. (Had I rubbed it the wrong way?)
That really felt as good as you might think, which is not at all. So I stopped doing that.
I did not want to put it back into my stint, or my "glove" that I had been wearing for protection though, because I had no desire to feel it going back into my hand, the bone, etc.
Unfortunately, after I got dressed, I realized that it had completely come out of my hand of it's own accord. And... oddly, I didn't notice it's departure.
I panicked long enough before I realized that I couldn't get through to the doctors office before nine, and if I didn't leave soon, that I would be late for work.
Happily... the doctors aid called back and let me know that they would not be putting the pin back in (thank god!), and to come in next week to get the next one removed!
YEAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home