Wednesday, April 21, 2004

So, I'm up early... EARLY, and dressed and ready to roll. Why??? Because I was supposed to have an interview, that was cancelled about 1 hour before it was supposed to happen.
I was of course, very excited, somewhat nervous, etc.
Now, I am just disapointed.
This job hunt is going very, VERY, VERY! slowly. And I am tired of the companies that are like "advertisers" for jobs. I know that there has to be a better name for them, but for the moment lets stick with that. Those companies that have to tell YOU how great their company is. They have websites, and an endless monologue of propaganda about it. Companies like that make me are suspicious... good companies to work for I believe, simply ARE. It's practically non-spoken.
For instance, I had a woman call me last night on the phone. It was about 9:50PM. A little late all the way around.... if you ask me.
She asked to speak to "Doe, Jane" And when I continued to ask her what she wanted, she at first wanted to confirm if this was "Doe, Jane" To which I replied, my name is actually Jane Doe. And she said, really? It says here Doe comma Jane.... hey dumbass! ever read a roll call before? If that is where the comma is that is my FIRST name! But I didn't get into a conversation about grammer... since she said that they were looking for "interviews" but didn't seem to know what I actually DID for a living...
I was amazed... she had obviously seen my resume, but hadn't read it? And why was I the perfect candidate for her job?
Needless to say, I told her that I was not interested, and hung up.
The search continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home