Thursday, December 28, 2006

Where service sucks, and the worst restaurant ever

I am in Bluffton, SC, which is right outside the more popular spot of Hilton Head. I think that my dad brought me here when I was young, to frolic the beach and ride rides. I am here now for a customer.
After my day, a cold threatening my hearing, breathing and thinking capability, I attempted to look on the internet for a good restaurant.
After checking out a slew of reviews, I jump in the rental and head towards Hilton Head to see how far I can get before I feel, well, worse than I was when I left.
I get to destination A, a restaurant that claimed wonderful views and great fare. I did see water, and sail boats. Unfortunately, the restaurant was the size of my hotel room, above a marina, filled with people twice my age. I left.
The next choice, as it was 500 yards down the main road, was the Crazy Crab. This was recommended to me twice, by two different people that were not even together. (I think that the owner must give some sort of referral fee!)
I like crab legs, therefore they were eaten. However, they were overcooked. As was the lobster hunk, shrimp, potato, and half ear of corn that I received. They tasted as though they had been in a pot of water for the better half of the day, as if the chef were trying to return them to their original life. The hushpuppies were overdone.
The wait staff, non-existent for the first half of my meal. I do not recommend the Crazy Crab in Hilton Head.
To save this entire experience, I did attempt to go to another restuarant for dessert, hopefully something edible. Two of the wait staff walked directly past me, not acknowledging my presence. After waiting at the bar for 5 mins to get a take out order from the bartended who walked away from the bar when I entered... I went to Kroger. After picking up a bar of chocolate, the first line that I went to, I was told that they could not help me, as TWO cashiers were waiting for someone to return to the line. Next I went to the self help line. When my money would not feed, I attempted to use my ATM card... which made the machine say "wait for cashier". When none appeared, I again pulled out money and tried that again. That finally worked... and I was able to finally eat my Hersheys chocolate!
(*the things that women do for chocolate!)

1 Comments:

Blogger hunter said...

Sounds like a blast. I hope you extended your middle finger at each stop along the way. I've eaten at Charlie's Crab, but that was years ago. It was pretty good. Did you at least have a bowl of She Crab Soup?

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home