Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Karma for Smartass

I love being behind the counter sometimes because occasionally, you meet some really cool peeople, and then sometimes you don't.
A man came in today and was looking at some camera equipment.
While he was talking with me, the following transpired on his cell phone.
First
Ring, answer, pause, No, you need to dial 770, not 404. Click.
Ring, answer, "Thanks for calling AMC at Stonecrest" (from the customer in front of me)
Pause. "No, that's sold out." Pause. "No, that is also sold out." Pause "No, that is sold out all week, especially if you keep calling my number, DIAL 7-7-0!" Click.
Ring. Customer disconnects phone.
Wow! Oddly, while he talked to them his voice raised constantly. While he spoke with me, it was the same even tone.... he was trying to get me to match a price on a camera with another companies... who did not have it in stock.... although neither did we!
Karma?
Probably...

1 Comments:

Blogger hunter said...

The dreaded retail one-liner: "Do you guys internet price match?"

I once waited in line behind a ditz who thought Circuit City should match the price for an eBay auction that wasn't even over. The set retailed at $3000, opening bid was $0.01. If she could have pulled it off, I would have a kick ass surround-sound system today.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home